is one of the 24 small towns belonging to the municipality of Brenzone lying
along the beautiful lake shore at the foot of Monte Baldo. They are all small
and nice villages and districts.
is famous for its “Pietra di Castelletto”, a rock with a size of approximately
two cubic metres with petroglyphs dating back to 4,550 years ago. Thanks to
this discovery, now on display at the town hall, we were able to understand how
bronze tools and weapons were used and what was the religious role played by
the sun at that time.
takes its name from its ancient castle of which there is no trace today.
church dedicated to San Zeno, named “San
Zen de l’oselet” dating back to the year 1000, built in red marble and tuff
with a fourteenth-century fresco showing the Blessing Christ, is of great value.
The parish church in neo-Gothic style replaced the previous church, which was
demolished for traffic reasons. Its
history is connected to Brenzone, a relatively ‘young’ comune born in the
mid-twentieth century. The development of these areas was slower due to the
topography of the area, its steep and rugged slopes and a few narrow paths
which limited the construction of roads.
The first documents proving its existence date back to the 12th
century, when the municipalities began to develop, influenced by some
historically important and influential families, as the Rangoni family. During
the medieval period, the area was dominated by several powerful families, such
as the Scaligeri, the Visconti, the Carraresi and the Veneziani.