a small village halfway between Peschiera and Lazise, characterised by golden
beaches and a small port.
are remote, as demonstrated by the findings of various objects, the result of
settlements in the area during prehistoric and Roman times, hence the name
"Pagus" or village or "Pax", which means peace. Some
important paleoethnological findings emerged in the port area and are
attributed to Count Arrigo Balladoro. But the population increased especially
towards the year 1000 and, as documented by a seal, it was a fishing village. An
important event took place in Pacengo during the First War of Independence on
28 April 1848, when the Brigade of Piedmont
caused the Austrians to flee.
the town was home to Ferdinando di Savoia, during the siege of Peschiera.
church, dating back to the late seventeenth century and housing beautiful
paintings by Piatti and a remarkable polychrome marble altar of the masters
Zoppi and Spiazzi, is an interesting place to visit. The Renaissance villas of
Count Balladoro, the "Villa Bottona", which was designed by architect
Barbieri and the villa Catterinetti-Franco, beautiful summer residences of the
noblemen of past times, with large parks, gardens and fantastic halls, are also
well worth a visit.