Lamberti Tower

Lamberti Tower
Lamberti Tower
Lamberti Tower
Lamberti Tower
Lamberti Tower
Lamberti Tower

The highest tower in Verona, with its 84 metres, welcomes its visitors with magnificent views of the city and the surrounding mountains.  Commissioned in the eleventh century by the Lamberti family, in 1140 it became the civic tower and a first bell, called “Rengo”, used to gather the City Council or to call the citizens to arms, was installed on it. In 1272, a second bell was built, called “Marangona” which means “carpenter”, that marked the life of the city every hour and the working hours and alerted the citizens in case of fire. The base was built with an alternation of bricks and Romanesque tuff typical of Verona. In 1403, a lightning struck the top of the tower, and 50 years later it was restored using bricks and marble. In 1779, the big clock was added. 

Via della Costa, 1
37121 Verona (VR)
SHARE